[ic] Purchase Orders

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Thu May 13 10:18:36 EDT 2004

At 02:54 PM 5/10/2004 +0100, you wrote:

>Does anybody know if there is a way to only allow users that are flagged as
>dealers use purchase orders as a method of payment?

Certainly. In the current foundation demo, the choices in the payment
selector are determined by some catalog variables, but you could just as
easily be qualifying the P.O. payment choice against the scratch variable
'dealer'. Take a look at (I think) include/checkout/payment_select.

>Is there a way to only charge postage for certain items. (eg: make the items
>weight 0 lbs and add a rule to state that if weight is 0 lbs then charge
>£0).

This would happen by default with the standard demo setup, if you are using
one of the weight-based shipping methods, though a side-effect may be a
message on the checkout screen which says 'nothing to ship'... but this
message string can be removed using the shipping editor or working on
products/shipping.asc directly.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax