[ic] interchange and odbc+exell

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Wed May 19 13:03:07 EDT 2004

At 11:32 AM 5/19/2004 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>  I have two questions, first I have some trouble getting to get the
> foundation store to run on an mysql database, I have been through the
> docs and I am slowly plowing through the catalog building tutorial now,
> however I seem to have missed some minor point about the mysql  database
> usage as related to the text files which I presume specify the database.
> Does any body have some tips or some specific pointer on where to look
> for more info ?

The text files are the primary structure model from from which Interchange
will build the mysql tables, as well as a source of data for initially
populating the tables. The files in dbconf/mysql/ define each table name
and type, and contain supplementary info about field types for each column
in the table. What specific trouble are you having?

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax