[ic] how to block a customer

Bryan D Gmyrek gmyrek at U.Arizona.EDU
Sun May 30 15:55:27 EDT 2004

In your web directory create a file called .htaccess and put this
in it:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^66\.666\.66\.666$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^55\.555\.55\.555$
RewriteRule ^.* - [F]

Where the 66..... and 55... are different IPs you want to block.
You can also use regular expressions to block patterns of IPs.
Search the net for .htaccess rewrites for more info. This should
block them from your whole site.

You can also do the above in virtual host configs in your
httpd.conf (if so remove the RewriteBase line).

Best,
Bryan