[ic] interchange loadbalancing

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Mon May 31 14:36:07 EDT 2004

At 10:38 AM 5/31/2004, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We have to realize a shop system containing 150.000 to 200.000 articles. Is
>interchange able to handle this amount of articles ?

When using an external DBMS such as MySQL, Postgres or Oracle, many times
this amount of items can be served quickly, though for best results
searches should be rewritten as SQL queries instead of the Interchange
search terms, which are used in the foundation demo.

>How about load balancing, is there a posibility to use IC on more servers
>for load balancing purposes ?

Certainly, and there are a number of ways to accomplish this. It is
relatively straight forward to run the http server on one machine, the
interchange server on another and the database on a third, for instance.
Other topographies are possible if you are willing to do the necessary work.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax