[ic] Strange [if explicit] behavior

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 14:32:42 EST 2004

I'm getting really weird results from [if explicit] when incorporating
the data tag.  This is normal:

-----
[data table="sub_categories" key="Category Name" field="description"]
[if type="explicit" compare="'[data table=|sub_categories|
key=|Category Name| field=|description|]'"]
YES
[else]
NO
[/else]
[/if]
-----

returns:

-----
The Correct Description
YES
-----

But if I change the table to "categories" from "sub_categories" I get:

-----
The Correct Description
NO
-----

Which is very weird.  I must be missing something.  Is there special
functionality tied to a table named "categories"?

- Grant

P.S. Removing the single quotes or swapping the pipes and single
quotes in either example returns:

-----
The Correct Description
NO