[ic] [query] & [more] Error - (was [query] causes [more] to generate non-unique mv_cache_key)

Sandy Thomson sandy at scotwebshops.com
Thu Nov 18 06:09:13 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 11:39 +0100, Stefan Hornburg wrote:
> > Ok, Im not an interchange guru, but i think its because Interchange
> > automatically times out sessions.
> >
> > If your session times out, it then cant access the cached more pages
> > from the search (stored under your as something like
> > "tmp/o/V/oV7685.gHGHJSHghdfjakhkDSA", if your session id is oV7685, and
> > the hash of the search is gHGHJSHghdfjakhkDSA.
> >
> > I think the best way to solve this (correct me if im wrong anyone), is
> > to increase the timeout. (i think the syntax is SessionExpire in
> > catalog.cfg).
>
> No, it shouldn't issue an Internal Server Error because the session
> is away.

Well, what can I say, other than 'works for me!'. You can quite easily
cause internal server errors in Interchange by using sloppy code on a
page. Not saying you have, but just bear in mind that this is possible.

I looked at a 'more' page yesterday from a query tag, let my session
time out overnight, and looked at a different page on the same query
this morning (still had the page open in my browser). It doesn't
remember what I searched for so the page returns a custom error I put
into the page when you search for nothing ("you have searched for
nothing, please search for something"), but no Internal Server Error. So
I cant reproduce it.

Surely the Internal Server Errors have to be an issue with
configuration, or odd versions of perl?

I am using perl 5.6, with the vanilla 5.0 tarball which was available
from the icdevgroup website a few months ago.

--
Sandy Thomson <sandy at scotwebshops.com>