[ic] [query] & [more] Error - (was [query] causes [more] to generate non-unique mv_cache_key)

Dan Bergan danb at champonline.com
Thu Nov 18 11:20:37 EST 2004

Stefan Hornburg wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:07:40 +0000
>

>No, it shouldn't issue an Internal Server Error because the session
>is away.
>
>Bye
>	Racke

When I do a "normal" search (see below for example), and let the session
time out, I get the expected behavior.  (I get a message saying, "Your
search returned no matches. Please try modifying your search terms or
use the Advanced Search page.")

Here's the code:
<form action="[area search]" method=post>
<input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=[control matches 10]>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=description>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE="*">
<input type=hidden name=mv_substring_match value=1>
<INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=8>
<input type="image" alt="[L]Search Go[/L]" width="45" border="0"
src="__THEME_IMG_DIR__go.gif">
</form>

So, does anyone know why this type of search behaves correctly, but my
[query] tag causes an Internal Server Error?  I would really appreciate
any pointers on where I can start investigating this!

Thanks,
Dan Bergan

<http://www.berganconsulting.com/cgi-bin/bc_cat/advancedsearch.html?id=C6idp9xE>