[ic] IC without using a Payment gateway

Kevin Old kevinold at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 14:14:09 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I've been away from IC longer than I'd like to have been, but recently
had got a project that requires a shopping cart.  I last used IC 4.8
and will get IC 5.2 for this project, but I cannot remember (or find
in the archives) what I need to do to accept credit cards and not pass
them through a Payment processor, but store them for manual retreival
(I shuddered too) by the store owner.

Another question I have is has anyone ever used IC in conjuction with
a Bridal Registry?  This client has an existing bridal registry
portion of her site (in a separate db, of course) and wants it to be
able to add items from the cart to the couples registry.  I'd thought
of just making a couple of extra tables in my IC db and just writing
pages outside of IC to handle that, but does anyone have any
suggestions of how I could possibly add the "forms" needed to add a
couple (a couple is different from a customer, so I can't just use the
customer db) and add items that that couple would like all with in the
Admin interface?

Anyone?

Thanks,
--