[ic] Freebsd Apache

dhenao at tampabay.rr.com dhenao at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Sep 29 09:22:41 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to have Interchange 5.2.0 working on a Freebsd 4.10. I am not the wisest guy in Freebsd, but I used to have interchange running in RH. I installed everything, and Interchange is running perfectly. The problem is when I try to access Interchange tru the web browser. I am running apache 2.0.49. Somehow my cgi-bin directory is not working. When I tried to access the directory, I get a message saying "You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ on this server." In addition, the makecat script asked me a couple of questions about the location of the cgi directory. I used the one that is, by default, established in the webserver. I was able to create an alias and access the index.html, but after I click-on the link to access the catalog this is the address that the server is looking at "http://162.136.172.69/usr/local/www/cgi-bin/foundation/index.html". I know this is not a problem related to interchange, but probably somebody has gone trought this issue before. I us
ed webmin and the cgi-bin is established in the apache configuration.

Thanks
Diego