[ic] &and + require in profile.order, how ?

Niels Svennekjær nielss-fjernmig at wipwap.dk
Thu Apr 7 09:29:49 EDT 2005

Kevin Walsh wrote:

>ns [linux at post10.tele.dk] wrote:
>

>>btw. the fields are only 'displayed' on this page, it is not a
>>inputfield. but when email have wrong data it is showed in read, so that
>>shuldn't be the problem.
>>

>I'm probably just having difficulty understanding your application.
>In most cases you wouldn't want to let the user onto to the next
>page unless the profile had succeeded.  You appear to be sending the
>user to a "show_receipt" page where the errors (if any) are shown,
>rather than keeping the user on the form page.
>
>There's no problem with that per se, but it does seem strange to me.
>Again, perhaps it's just my understanding of your application.
>
>This sounds like the sort of problem that could be tracked and corrected
>very quickly, given login access to the machine, but could take all day
>in email exchanges.

I understand your confusion, also I would like that, but there are more
different things to consider for me here.
The danish government have made a set of rules for e-shops, when you
fulfill this rule sets you can get something called 'e-mærket', witch it
a kind of official stamp that you shop is a real "pro"-shop, and not a
home garage thing. (you have to pay for certification)

To fulfill this you must divide the checkout process over multiple input
and accept pages.

page 1:
 Customer information, shipping and billing input pages, here you also
have to select how you want to pay.
 (missing info shuld return you to this page)

page 2:
 Control information and CC input page, here you must control your data
(and be able to go back to the input page)
 also you active have to press 'I accept' to the e-shop's terms.. and it
must not be possible to continue if not accepted.
(missing CC info, or errors from paymentGW shuld return you to this page)

page 3:
 "Your order is complete" page, with all information, so it can be
printet localy, also there must be shipped an email (email address is
mandatory)

I will move the catalog to a test server, then I can give you access.

- niels