[ic] Suse linux 9.x IC boot init script

Daniel Davenport ddavenport at newagedigital.com
Mon Apr 25 17:42:13 EDT 2005

> Hi all,
> 	Has anyone ever use suse 9.x for IC, if so how have u all created a
> boot init script for it to load on boot ?

Unfortunately, i do use suse on one machine--entirely because the CEO is a Novell nut.
The only benefit is that IC prefers old stuff (apache 1.3, non-threaded perl), and suse
has it in spades.

> Please help.
>
> Andre
>
> It simple way just " su -c'/usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -start'
> battoo"
>
> Wouldn't work...
>
> I can add that line to boot.local, but the boot.local loads before mysql
> ..so I need some help
>
> Thank in advance.

SuSE's boot scripts work a lot like RH's.  The two biggest differences are the functions/aliases custom to your linux flavor, and the lines that tell the init stuff about the service.
For some reason, i have this installed on the suse box.  i didn't write it.

#!/bin/sh
# Copyright (c) 1995-2001 SuSE GmbH Nuernberg, Germany
#
# init.d/interchange
#
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:       interchange
# Required-Start: $network *httpd *mysql
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start:  3 5
# Default-Stop:
### END INIT INFO

PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
IC_BIN=/usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange
IC_PID=/usr/local/interchange/etc/interchange.pid

. /etc/rc.status
rc_reset

case "$1" in
    start)
        echo -n "Starting Interchange... "
        su -c "$IC_BIN --start --quiet" interchange
        rc_status -v
        ;;
    stop)
        echo -n "Shutting down Interchange daemon... "
        su -c "$IC_BIN --stop --quiet" interchange
        rc_status -v
        ;;
    try-restart)
        $0 stop  &&  $0 start
        rc_status
        ;;
    restart)
        $0 stop
        $0 start
        rc_status
        ;;
    force-reload)
        $0 reload
        rc_status
        ;;
    reload)
        $0 restart
        rc_status -v
        ;;
    *)
        echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|status|restart|force-reload|reload}"
        exit 1
        ;;
esac
rc_exit