[ic] Checkout page error with 'selectedIndex' & 'elements'

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Tue Aug 2 13:29:45 EDT 2005

>>> Problem Caracteristics:
>>>
>>> 1 - If I change shipping option, it will not refresh/recalculate the

>>> total price unless I press the cart's recalculate button on the
page.

>> I am fairly sure this is the default behaviour of the express
>> checkout page and the foundation store has been like this for a few
>> years.
>> Not sure if it is a bug or not but to get around it I have been
>> adding an 'Update Shipping' button to our checkout page alongside
>> the 'Recalculate' button.
>> Our 'Update Shipping' has the exact same functionality as the
>> 'Recalculate' button however I believe it needs to be there to
>> avoid confusion.
>>
>> (And no this isn't my idea, I noticed someone else has got around
>> the issue using this method when going through the IC Hall of Fame!)
>
>What about this:
>[shipping widget=select extra='onchange="this.form.submit()"']
>
>--
>Josh Lavin
>Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/

Thanks Josh, I will try this line, as soon as I get my
checkout page to work.

I still can't get the checkout done. I checked all my files, replaced
all my files with demo originals, checked my file permissions just
in case...

I even compared 2 checkout page source data files,
the one that doesn't work with one that works fine, and I can't see
any difference!! They're both almost demo originals, not much changed
in them.

Can I post the source of my not-working page on here, or is it too much?

Thanks

Martin H.