[ic] Checkout page error with 'selectedIndex' & 'elements'

music at labyrinth.net.au music at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Aug 2 20:08:46 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joshua Lavin" <joshua at kingdomdesign.com>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 8:44 PM
Subject: Re: [ic] Checkout page error with 'selectedIndex' & 'elements'

> On Aug 1, 2005, at 6:47 PM, <music at labyrinth.net.au>
> <music at labyrinth.net.au> wrote:
>
>>> Problem Caracteristics:
>>>
>>> 1 - If I change shipping option, it will not refresh/recalculate the
>>> total
>>> price unless I press the cart's recalculate button on the page.
>>>

>> I am fairly sure this is the default behaviour of the express  checkout
>> page and the foundation store has been like this for a few  years.
>> Not sure if it is a bug or not but to get around it I have been  adding
>> an 'Update Shipping' button to our checkout page alongside  the
>> 'Recalculate' button.
>> Our 'Update Shipping' has the exact same functionality as the
>> 'Recalculate' button however I believe it needs to be there to  avoid
>> confusion.
>>
>> (And no this isn't my idea, I noticed someone else has got around  the
>> issue using this method when going through the IC Hall of Fame!)
>
> What about this:
> [shipping widget=select extra='onchange="this.form.submit()"']

Brilliant. Works a treat. I am adding this line to all of our more recent
foundation based catalog checkout.html pages now!

(Note: Throws a fatal error on older 4.x foundation catalogs where
checkout.html is all one file (without the includes) for some reason)

(Has this been added to foundation CSV for 5.3?)