[ic] mod_interchange and Apache MaxClients

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Wed Dec 21 21:38:20 EST 2005

John1 [list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk] wrote:
> Snip from earlier post to this thread by Kevin:
> > Thanks for posting the packet data.  I'll use that to try to recreate
> > the problem locally.  I imagine I'll have to throttle the link and/or
> > fire truck-loads of simultaneous requests to get the problem to show
> > itself.  If the problem can be recreated on demand then it can be found
> > and fixed.  I have an old P200 that I use for performance tests.  Test
> > time differences are amplified massively when running Interchange on a
> > P200 with 128MB of memory. :-)
> >
> Kevin, did you get chance to do this?

I've not had a lot of time to devote to this.  Sorry.  The tests I have
performed have not caused anything fail.  I've not seen any of the
websites under my control fail with the reported problems, even though
most of them were/are being targeted by all of the current worms.  I
imagine that I'd look into this a little more urgently if my clients'
websites were all falling in a heap every ten minutes. :-)

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz