[ic] Is search-region deprecated

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Wed Dec 28 13:18:27 EST 2005

Hello list

I usually use the query tag or dbi for data retrieval. Unfortunately because
of the 16 column max index in Mysql, Fulltext searches for somethings are
beyond reach.

I can use search-region, but I seem to remember talk about doing away with
dbm and moving towards some free sql (sql-lite). I was wondering if this
meant that there would be a migration to a more powerful [query] tag AND
depreaction of the search-region, search, loop, etc tags

If search-region is planned for depreaction, then I don't want to use it.
Anybody in the know?

TIA

 Paul Jordan