[ic] Setting up swish-e to search static pages

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Sat Feb 5 03:32:34 EST 2005

Quoting Gary Norton <gnorton at broadgap.com>:
>I have a customer who has several static pages (specifically PDF's) on
>their site that they would like to be able to search. I would like to use
>the swish-e engine for this via the Vend::Swish module.
>
>I have added:
>
>Require module Vend::Swish
>AddDirective Swish hash
>Variable swish Vend::Swish
>
>in my interchange.cfg (as well as uncommented the ::logDebug statements in
>the Swish.pm). Swish-e is also installed on the server.
>
>Can someone give me some direction in setting this up? I am not quite sure
>what the next step should be. Do I need to make catalog specific changes?
>
>Also, if there is a better way you recommend doing this, I am open to ideas.

Brief how-to Swish:

1. Install Swish-e on your server

2. Create a Swish-e configuration file (where to find files, which files to
index, etc.)

3. Run Swish-e and generate an index file (e.g. pages.index)

4. Tell Interchange catalog where to find said file
Add fthe following line to catalog.cfg:
E.g.:
Swish index products/pages.index

5. Add Swish capability to Interchange.
Add the following lines to interchange.cfg:
Require module Vend::Swish
AddDirective Swish hash
Variable swish Vend::Swish

6. Restart IC server

7. Create a search: Interchange ITL and st=swish

8. Display the results: Interchange ITL

See the documentation that comes with Swish-e
http://swish-e.org

Good luck !

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting