[ic] Failed Payment Processing

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Thu Feb 10 08:46:46 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Jon wrote:

> This has happened a few times now and would like to figure out why.
> At this point I'm not sure which direction to begin looking.
>
> I see a double/duplicate charge for an order at the payment gateway
> (Echo) so I know the CC processing completes. And probably a resubmit by
> the customer to finally get the order through.  However, in the cart's
> error.log I see 'Safe: Real-time charge failed.' and 'Error during
> creation of order routing log' In the routing log file I see 'There was
> an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed. Reason:'
>
> but no reason information provided. To me this seems like a disconnect
> between the payment gateway responding and IC waiting for a response
> such as a time out.

Check the interchange-users list archives for "Perl signals problems"
and/or "PERL_SIGNALS" and "MaxServers". Most payment gateways are called
as a subprocess from Interchange, and sometimes there are signals problems
that cause the subprocess to die too soon. You can configure Perl and
Interchange to avoid the signals problems and often that makes such
mysterious errors go away.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen