[ic] Recording Date of Item Creation?

David Ratte dratte at recreationalmobility.com
Sun Feb 13 17:15:09 EST 2005

> I am trying to figure out how to record the date an item/sku is added
> to the database through Admin? I know how to add the new database
> field.

If your using an sql database, How about doing it in the database backend:

[postgres example but others should be similar]
psql databasename

alter table products add column createdate date;
alter table products alter column createdate set default now();
\q

now if you don't populate the field at all, the database will do it for you!

-Dave