[ic] Restrict Tag

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Mon Feb 21 05:18:40 EST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:41:49 -0800
Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:

> This is a two-fold question:
>
> In trying to come up with a way to display item comments and allow
> ceartain ITL tags to be parsed as well, after a bit of experimentation
> this is what I came up with that works:
>
> [restrict enable="field area page"][field name=comment
> code="[item-code]" interpolate=1][/restrict]
>
> Thing is, I would have expected that the item-code tag would also have
> to be included in the list of enabled tags.  Is it a bug that the
> item-code tag is being parsed here?

No, list tags are interpolated in the context of their list. Therefore
[item-code] has been interpolated before [restrict] is applied.

> Question 2:  Is there any way to restrict down to only the page and area
> tags or do I simply have to live with including the field tag so that
> the comment can be displayed?

[loop search="sf=products/st=db/co=1/sf=sku/se=[item-code]/op=eq/rf=code,comment"]
[restrict enable="field area page"][loop-param comment][/restrict]
[/loop]

Untested, but hopefully you get the idea.

Bye
       Racke

Interchange Development Team