[ic] Empty mysql database?

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Wed Feb 23 15:09:55 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:47:05 -0600
Karl Schmidt <karl at xtronics.com> wrote:

> I'm running Debian with mysql 4.1. makecat 'appears' to work - but when I'm
> finished I can look at the mysql database and there is only one empty table and
> nothing else.
> My take is that makecat is broken - at least on Debian and I'm ready to do it
> all by hand. Is the makecat.cfg read after the catalog creation?  Or better yet,
> does interchange get any other config information outside of interchange.cfg and
> it's includes when it starts?

I can tell you makecat in Debian is not broken; it does what it is supposed to do.
You either used it incorrectly, or just didnt notice that makecat isn't actually
supposed to create the database; the database is created when you first run
Interchange, and not during makecat phase.

If you ran Interchange, and the databases didn't get created, then provide
us with more input on that problem.