[ic] Empty mysql database?

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Wed Feb 23 20:51:39 EST 2005

> I can tell you makecat in Debian is not broken; it does what it is supposed to do.
> You either used it incorrectly, or just didnt notice that makecat isn't actually
> supposed to create the database; the database is created when you first run
> Interchange, and not during makecat phase.

Just fixed the problem - it is a Debian bug. Makecat creates the catalog
definition inside the test for USE_FOUNDATION.

I ran dpkg-reconfig interchange-cat-foundation where I told it not to create the
foundation catalog for me - instead to use makecat. (Wouldn't it have been
simpler to just use an include of the foundation catalog definition instead of a
variable?)

Interchange loads the database after makecat - when you restart interchange
daemon - not realizing this I though makecat was failing to load the database.

I see others got my message - strange the list didn't send me a copy of my
message ???

(Just got Interchange::Link working --  more info at:
http://xtronics.com/reference/interchange.html)

Still need to figure out how to  get rid of some cgi references in
shops/shop/catalog.cfg  Part of an ActionMAp? -  (too steep a learning curve
here for an old man with a bad cold <grin>)

Anyone have any advise on updating the real site from a local test server as
changes get made?  Seems like it will be messy SQL work?

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    		       WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

Health tip #347:
When confronted with the urge to exercise;
simply lay down and wait for it to pass.