[ic] Maximum File Upload Size?

Ed LaFrance (New Media LLC) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Thu Feb 24 11:00:11 EST 2005

At 07:48 AM 2/24/2005, you wrote:

>Hi All:
>
>Realistically, what is the maximum file upload size that Interchange can
>handle via the [value-extended] form upload?
>
>Can Interchange handle, say a 250MB file being uploaded via a web browser?
>
>Also, has anyone developed a progress meter/status bar for large file
>uploads -- if so, let me know, I'd be interested in discussing this with
>you.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jason

Server memory / variable space allocation might become an issue at that
size, but long before that, you will bump up against timeouts - Interchange
will interpret the session as hammered and drop into a server error. Though
you could adjust this setting to accommodate these long upload times, I
would not recommend it. This kind of thing is best done outside of Interchange.

- Ed

New Media LLC                 Technology Solutions for Business
Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax