[ic] active metatag question

AquariumPlants.com Webmaster del at aquariumplant.com.org
Thu Feb 24 11:50:43 EST 2005

Hi all and thanks in advance,

Is it possible to do this?

I have split the META_TAG variable up into 3 variables.  The first and last
are flat text entries.  The middle one I'm trying to get to generate a meta
description off of the category::product::description field in the db.  I
have this working fine for the html title tag.
<head>

<title>[either][scratchd CUSTOM_TITLE][or][scratchd page_title]</title>

__Metafirst__ [tmp][scratchd MetaDescription][/tmp] __Metalast__

[comment]
[tmp browser][data session browser][/tmp]
[if scratch browser =~ /MSIE/]
[elsif scratch browser =~ /Gecko/]
[/elsif]
[elsif scratch browser =~ /Opera]
[/elsif]
[/if]
[/comment]

__THEME_CSS__
__JAVASCRIPT__

</head>

Before I start banging my head against the wall somebody please tell me what
I'm missing here.

Thanks,

Del