[ic] Update Orders button - Admin UI

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Sat Feb 26 16:43:08 EST 2005

Hi All,

I'm sitting here at the moment writing procedure sheets for a client
I've hooked up with Interchange, and as I got around to the bit about
Order Processing a question came to mind.

Here's the scenario:

Assume the seller using Interchange is using Authorize.net to do online
CC processing and is settling transactions upon approval.

A customer submits an order to Interchange. On this order there are
multiple items. One of the items is currently out of stock, so the order
processing person calls the customer and lets them know that one of
their seven items is currently out of stock, would they like to
backorder the item. answer: no... just send what you've got.

So, seller edits the order and removes the out of stock line item. Now,
here's my question: after the order has been edited and the out of stock
line item removed, the order processing person clicks on the "Update
Order" button having of course changed the status of the order from
pending to shipped, and entered the tracking number, does Interchange
then contact Authorize.net cancel the previous transaction, and submit a
new transaction for this customer?

--
Mark