[ic] Custom templates and page content slot issues

Sam Batschelet sam at westbranchresort.com
Thu Jan 6 11:09:10 EST 2005

I  am having problems with the foundation catalog in regards to developing
search engine friendly templates and the way that IC generates the "Page
content" slot.  What I would like to do is have more control over where the
Page content slot is set.  I have tried to create a new component to display
the "Page content" as a hack around  the problem but I feel that there is a
better way.  Seeing that every slot's component can be changed except the
"Page content" makes it obvious that the solution is not very hard but I
guess I am just looking for some advise in the right place to look.  My goal
is to be able to place "Page content" in the slot for example [component
group=content] and not have it set by default by IC.

For example if in the foundation Admin UI I add a new template and I have
developed the header and footer areas.  IC places the "Main Content" area
what appears to be in the middle of the two.  Which in this case is not what
I am looking to accomplish due to the nature of the template I am attemting
to create.

ic 5.3

Thanks in advance,

Sam Batschelet