-2.6 (--) [ic] Custom templates and page content slot issues

David Radovanovic dave at whatsthebigidea.com
Thu Jan 6 17:13:03 EST 2005

> I  am having problems with the foundation catalog in regards to developing
> search engine friendly templates and the way that IC generates the "Page
> content" slot.  What I would like to do is have more control over where
> the
> Page content slot is set.  I have tried to create a new component to
> display
> the "Page content" as a hack around  the problem but I feel that there is
> better way.  Seeing that every slot's component can be changed except the
> "Page content" makes it obvious that the solution is not very hard but I
> guess I am just looking for some advise in the right place to look.  My
> goal
> is to be able to place "Page content" in the slot for example [component
> group=content] and not have it set by default by IC.
>
> For example if in the foundation Admin UI I add a new template and I have
> developed the header and footer areas.  IC places the "Main Content" area
> what appears to be in the middle of the two.  Which in this case is not
> what
> I am looking to accomplish due to the nature of the template I am
> attemting
> to create.
>
> ic 5.3
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Sam Batschelet
> Web Developer
> West Branch Resort
>
> www.westbranchresort.com

I'm no IC guru, though I wanted that same option. Let me preface, no doubt
there may be a better way:

Add a new Template Control to the Template that you are working with.
Click on "Add a new control" with the Identifier: page_content, Label:
Page Content, Widget: Textarea (htmlArea preferred, if you have installed
it), Width: 60, Height: 40. OK, then Publish. Place [scratch page_content]
where you want the content to appear within the template.

David Radovanovic
WhatsTheBigIdea.com, Inc.
-- Creative ideas for the Web and beyond!
249 Partition Street
Saugerties, NY 12477
(845)247-0909
http://www.WhatsTheBigIdea.com