[ic] Interchange 5.3.0 nightlies

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Fri Jan 14 10:52:29 EST 2005

Hi All,

I was wondering... how stable would the latest nightly build of IC-5.3.0
2005-01-14 be is someone were to begin to use it on a Low Traffic
setting for a small business? I'm assuming that 5.3.0 is build on the
foundation of 5.2.0, yes?

On a whim this morning while setting Interchange up for a client I was
getting frustrated with tracking everything down in order to setup IC so
that it could "look and feel" as much as their web site as possible.
There are literally tons of files I would have to modify in order to
implement the theme I want to use. My thinking was "there has got to be
an easier way of theming Interchange."

That thought led me to look at the latest build of IC. Which I instantly
fell in love with! for all the obvious reasons not the least of which is
the fact that theming 5.3.0 is far easier than 5.2.0 simply be virtue of
the fact that there's only "one" theme for this build. Meaning I only
have one place to look and work on apart from making minor changes to
individual page components to button everything up. VERY NICE!

thanks much,

--
Mark