[ic] flag type=write question

Ethan Rowe ethan at endpoint.com
Mon Jan 17 07:23:41 EST 2005

David Ratte wrote:

>I'm still working on trying to get sql-ledger working with Interchange (I know
>some have done this before, but not well documented)
>
>IC Version 5.2
>
>My current problem is that when I try to create a new account for a user
>(login / create new account) the page comes back with errors (but nothing
>hilighted in red as stated for required fields)
>
>from error.log
>..sitedir../process Attempt to set slice of  in read-only table customer
>
>ok, so I know that I need to stick in a [flag type=write table=customer] but
>the big question is where (what file) should this go in?
>
>Thanks,
>-Dave Ratte

I don't know anything specific to SQL-Ledger; however:

When you're using GDBM-style tables for your data under Interchange, you
need to use the [tag flag=write table=<some_table>] within the page that
tries to add data to that table before *any* other access to that table
occurs.

Thus, wherever it is that you call the [userdb function=new_account] tag
to create the new account, you need to ensure that the [tag] occurs
prior to that.  If you're doing the account creation from within an
mv_click action or something like that, you need to put the [tag] call
within that action, as that action will process before anything on the
resulting page that provides output to the user.

Hope this is helpful.
- Ethan

--
Ethan Rowe