[ic] Linux label printers

Brian Kaney brian at vermonster.com
Tue Jan 18 20:26:59 EST 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 doug1 at ultimatepassage.com wrote:

> Here is a sample output to print a complete UPS Next Day air label.  The
> lower case "b" and the characters that follow generate the 2D barcode.
> The lines that start with an uppercase "B" generate a conventional
> barcode.
>

> M135,2,100^M
> I8,0,001^M

[snip]

> A30,1066,0,3,1,1,N," P.O. NUMBER 3343844-1"^M
> A598,1179,0,2,1,1,N,"URC 08/2001"^M

The ASCII code Bruce posted is called EPL (or it may be ZPL, there are many
"PL"s Printer Languages many of which are printer-vendor-specific).

Most shipping vendors (like FedEx) can provide this in place of a TIFF or PNG
raster image.  This is what I was referring to in the last post.

- Brian