[ic] Pushing Error Log into MySQL?

Duane Hinkley duane at dhwd.com
Thu Jul 28 09:52:39 EDT 2005

Stefan Hornburg wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:49:24 -0400
>"AttachmentMail Sales" <sales at attachmentmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Hello IC Users:
>>
>>I'm running Interchange 5.2.0.
>>
>>Is there a way to push all of the catalog or server error.log data into
>>MySQL rather than into the ASCII file?  It would help for creating bug
>>reports.  I haven't found a solution to this yet... any ideas?
>>

>Rather than heavily modifying Interchange's source code I would run regularly
>a script on the logs which pushes the entries into a SQL database.
>
>Bye
>	Racke

I'm not sure it would be that big of a job.  Since most every write to
the error.log is through the logError subroutine in Vend::Util, the
logError subroutine could be modified to redirect the errors to a
database table instead of a file.

Duane Hinkley
Down Home Consulting, Inc.

duane at DownHomeConsulting.com