[ic] item-options with closing options tag

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Mar 2 19:37:23 EST 2005

On 03/02/05 13:22, Daniel Browning wrote:
> Some developers (myself included) prefer to do without the closing </option>,
> since the HTML standard specifies that it is optional.  Less is more.

However, in the newer xhtml standards the closing </option> is mandatory
and while I know that IC does not even attempt to comply to xhtml
standards I think it might be a good idea to code ceartain things like
this with the eventual thought that it would make it easier to
transition to xhtml in the future if it ever becomes desirable.

Peter