[ic] item-options with closing options tag

Daniel Browning db at kavod.com
Wed Mar 2 21:43:12 EST 2005

* Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org> [2005-03-02 16:48]:
> On 03/02/05 13:22, Daniel Browning wrote:
> >Some developers (myself included) prefer to do without the closing
> ></option>, since the HTML standard specifies that it is optional.  Less is
> >more.
>
> However, in the newer xhtml standards the closing </option> is mandatory

[Checks standard...] Aha, you are right.

> and while I know that IC does not even attempt to comply to xhtml
> standards I think it might be a good idea to code ceartain things like
> this with the eventual thought that it would make it easier to
> transition to xhtml in the future if it ever becomes desirable.

I agree, but you wont find me working on it.  Some parts of the new
standard (e.g. <br/>) are not compatible with a few obscure browsers, as I
learned a while back from Mike Heins.

--
Daniel Browning <db at kavod.com> - Kavod Technologies.  Random Fortune:
Agnes' Law: