[ic] mass customer loading

Duane Hinkley duane at downhomewebdesign.com
Thu Mar 10 21:25:22 EST 2005

Glenn McCalley wrote:

>I seem to recall a discussion some months ago about loading a large amount
>of new customer records in a batch but can't find it in the archives.  Is
>there a way to do that?
>
>For example, can you take a tab file of 1,000 customer account records (with
>the requisite data of course), add 'em to userdb.txt, restart IC, and have
>'em show up?  If someone could steer me to the resource, I'd appreciate it
>greatly.
>
>Thank you!
>Glenn.

Glen,

If the import feature built into the admin doesn't do what you need,
what I normally do is use phpMyAdmin (phpmyadmin.net) to import it.  You
can tell it the order your fields are in and the fields you'll be
importing.  It imports from a tab delimited files.

Most ISPs provide it if you have a MySql database.

--

Sincerely,

Duane Hinkley
Down Home Web Design, Inc.