[ic] Regret

Sandy Thomson sandy.thomson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 08:05:01 EST 2005

Matt Johnson wrote:

>I was talking about the features that  come with a forum.  That a
>mailing list couldnt possibly have.  Ever.

The only extra forum features I can think of are avatars, images and
forced html.
These are forum negatives in my opinion, and would not be useful at all
in the context of interchange.

A mailing list gives you everything else, such as searchable messages,
banning users etc, and is more convenient for a community member to use
(not having to go to a website and hogging resources, for instance).