[ic] Regret

Rene Hertell interchange-users at hertell.com
Thu Mar 17 08:23:11 EST 2005

Matt Johnson wrote:

> He was saying that I was immature, not that I was an "egg cell"

I apologies. You're probably right for once..

> And that is my point, why are you using a "mailing list"  concept that
> is 15 years old, when there are things like http://www.phpbb.com/ (AKA
> FORUMS)

I don't see any point in using a forum. How do You follow a discussion
taken place in a forum? Wasting time with a browser and hitting refresh
every 10 sec? You *have* to use a browser, you won't get messages to
your cellphone and the list goes on.

With a mailing list you get your messages direct into your inbox. You
can sort, delete do whatever you want with those messages you get. You
can search through your own mail-archive OFFLINE if you need something
etc. In my opinion a forum is more or less a browsable and searchable
archive of a mailing list.

Also messages to a mailing list wont disappear as it does if someone
hacks the forum and deletes all the content from the database...

The only alternative i would consider to a mailing list is a
Usenet-newsgroup

René