[ic] Challenging tax issue

interchange at tvcables.co.uk interchange at tvcables.co.uk
Thu May 12 15:29:33 EDT 2005

Quoting Noah Silverman <noah at allresearch.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a tricky tax situation and was hoping that someone could help me out.
>
> We are shipping some products overseas.
> We are using the foundation store
>
> The tax  needs to be $2 per item PLUS 5% of the price.
>
> Does anybody have an idea about how to do this easily.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Noah

I assign all my Tax/VAT manually on the checkout page based on a region lookup
in the country table, in this example all countries with region set to
Europe-EC would get taxed at 5% + $2 and anything gets a Tax of 0.

[assign salestax]
[if type="data" term="country::region::[value country]" op="eq"
compare="Europe-EC"]
[assign salestax="[calc](([total-cost noformat=1]-[salestax noformat=1]) *
0.05)+2)[/calc]"]
[else]
[assign salestax=0]
[/else]