[ic] Javascript and payment selection in demo

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Thu Oct 13 12:23:15 EDT 2005

On Oct 12, 2005, at 7:07 PM, Randy Just wrote:

> 1) I am working on a modified version of the Interchange demo.  The
> problem I
> am having relates to the payment selection list.  When javascript
> is turned on
> for my browser, it works just fine.  That being, if credit card is
> selected for example,
> then the entry fields show up to enter the credit card data.
> However, we have some users
> who leave javascript off.  If the option is off, then selecting any
> of the choices results
> in no method being displayed (i.e. credit card entry fields do not
> show up).  I am working
> with new_browser_payment_multi in addition to payment_select_multi
>
> What is a trick I can use to allow for javascript disabled folks to
> still be able to have
> the credit card info pop-up or the other responses for payment
> methods?

You may need to check the demo catalog as to how it does things, but
in my understanding, there is a check which runs to see if a 'new'
browser is being used, and if so, sends the Javascripty-form. If an
'old' browser is used, it should deliver the old_browser_payment.

E.g.:
[if scratch old_browser]
  [include include/checkout/old_browser_payment]
[else]
  [include include/checkout/new_browser_payment]
[/else]
[/if]

I'm not sure where that scratch is set though. But the demo catalog
would tell you...

--
Josh Lavin
Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/