[ic] Javascript and payment selection in demo

Randy Just randyjust at justcomp.com
Thu Oct 13 13:37:26 EDT 2005

>>What is a trick I can use to allow for javascript disabled folks to
>>still be able to have
>>the credit card info pop-up or the other responses for payment
>>methods?
>
>You may need to check the demo catalog as to how it does things, but
>in my understanding, there is a check which runs to see if a 'new'
>browser is being used, and if so, sends the Javascripty-form. If an
>'old' browser is used, it should deliver the old_browser_payment.
>
>E.g.:
>[if scratch old_browser]
>  [include include/checkout/old_browser_payment]
>[else]
>  [include include/checkout/new_browser_payment]
>[/else]
>[/if]
>
>I'm not sure where that scratch is set though. But the demo catalog
>would tell you...

Actually I tried looking at the scratch old_browser variable, but it
isn't being
triggered -- at least with the browser I am using.  I am using Mozilla
1.0.7 and for my test I turn off javascript as we have some users who
turn off javascript for security reasons.  Interchange still sees my browser as
a new browser.