[ic] delimiter for tag parameters

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Wed Oct 26 23:10:15 EDT 2005

Ron Phipps [rphipps at reliant-solutions.com] wrote:
> Thanks Kevin, I went with this method.  Is this a problem due to order of
> interpolation?

The order of interpolation wouldn't make a difference whether you
were doing this:

    [mytag title="[item-field title]"]

or this:

    [tmpn tmp][item-field title][/tmpn]
    [mytag title="[scratch tmp]"]

Both cases involve the replacement of the [item-field] marker, followed
by the interpolation of the real Interchange tags.

Your problem was caused by the [item-field] marker's replacement value
causing a syntax error with the subsequent tag interpolation.  That
won't happen with the above (body text) technique.

Another poster suggested that you modify your [mytag] to become a
container and then pass [item-field title] directly as your tag's body
text.  That will work too, and would be more efficient than my [tmpn]
suggestion.

In case you missed it, the poster's suggestion was to modify your
UserTag to allow this:

    [mytag][item-field title][/mytag]

My apologies for forgetting the name of whomever it was who suggested
that earlier.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz