[ic] delimiter for tag parameters

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Thu Oct 27 00:52:35 EDT 2005

I'm still a bit confused.  I understand why there was a problem with:

[mytag title="[item-field title]"]

However I do not understand why this fixes it and how it differs in IC's
eyes:

[tmp title][item-field title][/tmp]
[mytag title="[scratch title]"]

Also your original example used [tmp title] and your most recent example
uses [tmpn title], both seem to work properly, is one preferred over the
other?

> Another poster suggested that you modify your [mytag] to become a
> container and then pass [item-field title] directly as your tag's body
> text.  That will work too, and would be more efficient than my [tmpn]
> suggestion.
>
> In case you missed it, the poster's suggestion was to modify your
> UserTag to allow this:
>
>     [mytag][item-field title][/mytag]

If I went this route then I would need to parse the parameters contained
within the body, since I will be passing more then one field.  Which
would be more efficient writing a parse routine for the  body text, or
using the [tmp] setting?

Thanks again for your help, trying to understand IC better :)
-Ron