[ic] unique meta keywords

Daniel Davenport ddavenport at newagedigital.com
Mon Sep 26 09:05:09 EDT 2005

>DB wrote:
>> I'm running IC 5.2 and a catalog which began life as 4.8. I'm trying to
>> create a unique meta keywords tag for each page. I found some
>> information in the archives about meta_header. One post said:
><<snip>>
>>

>> I've tried both of these, but each one made the admin UI's content
>> editor barf with a message saying:
>>
>> "...content_editor Died in server spawn: Can't use an undefined value as
>> a HASH reference at /home/me/interchange/lib/UI/ContentEditor.pm line 475."
>>
>> Can someone provide a hint?
>

>My catalog also began life as 4.x and grew into 5.x. The format you used
>is the same as what most of mine have. Some are simple:
>
>page_title:
>        label: Page title
>        width: 50
>
>Some are complex:
>
>meta_description:
>        code: meta_description
>        db: ^@
>        label: Meta Description
>        type: text
>        width: 50
>

>(Not sure what that db: means)

"db" names a lookup table where selectable values can be found, if you're using a selectish widget for the control.  There is another field (lookup?) where a pair of fields in that table can be set to be the value and label for each option.  I think it's often added automatically by the template editor when the control is modified, whether or not it's necessary.

I don't remember it being very useful for anything else, and for text controls it can generally be deleted--especially if the only thing after it is ^@.  In vi, ^@ is a text representation of a null (\0) (end of C string) (perl CGI multi-valued-argument separator).

/