[ic] Import Data to Database

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Mon Aug 7 08:03:30 EDT 2006

On 08/07/2006 03:50 AM, Frank Reitzenstein wrote:

> It is not that hard to write a perl application which can read the
> client's data files (anywhere in the world) and query the Interchange
> database directly. That is the direction we would like to go soon.

This is also what I would recommend if you will be uploading these price
updates a lot in the future.  Perl can do this without borking the data
if it has line breaks or other "special" characters.  If properly
anticipated Perl can even deal with uppercased column headers and blank
lines.  If this is the only time you anticipate needing to do this then
it's a toss up depending largly on how much data there is and how many
special characters and other problems you have to contend with.

Peter