[ic] freebsd IC blank pages and premature end of script headers

Frank Reitzenstein frank at goldissue.com
Sun Aug 20 22:52:26 EDT 2006

Bill Beecham wrote:

> On 08/20/2006 11:50 AM, Bill Beecham wrote:
>
>> Peter,
>>
>> Here are the answers to your questions:
>

> Please don't top post. See
> <http://www.icdevgroup.org/mailman/listinfo/interchange-users>.
>
>> IC Ver 4.8.3, mysql  Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.18, for portbld-freebsd5.5
>> (i386) using  4.3
>>
>> No, this IS a new installation. This is not an old catalog that just
>> started freaking out, this is a fresh installation.
>

> Why are you using such an old version of Interchange for a new install?
>  That version is from 5 years ago.  Try 5.4.1 stable release with the
> standard demo or 5.5.0 development release.
>
> Peter
>

> Well I took your advice and installed 5.4.1 and it still does the
> exact same thing. I did decide to view the raw web output of the blank
> pages. The pages actually are a server 500 error, plus it says it had
> trouble displaying an error page for the error page. Whatever that means.
>
> So why would the admin section somewhat work, the checkout page work,
> but not the rest of the catalog? Also, my link file is only like 7,116
> bytes in size. Does that sound right? I thought they were bigger, like
> almost 80k. Dunno.
>
> This has me stumped. Would it be a path problem if part of the catalog
> works and part does not? I wouldn't think it was a permission problem,
> but I do still get the premature end of script headers and I cannot
> figure out why. My regular document root files work and show up fine,
> so does php. Php works with mysql as well.
>
> So, I have an error 500 and premature end of script headers for index,
> and every other file in the catalog but the admin section and the
> checkout.html. Not sure why my pages are blank, the server should be
> able to show a 500 file for the 500 error. It shows one for the 404.
> Not concerned about the error page.
>
> So, any more ideas? Places to look? Things to try?
>
> Bill

Bill,

I have never used your operating system so I shouldn't even be writing
this. However in order to get Interchange running very nicely on Fedora
Core 5 I found that I had to disable SELinux during installation.

It appeared that when Interchange was attempting to create the files in
the /var/run/interchange directory like socket, socket.ipc and
status.goldissue (I'm just reading my directory) this was regarded as a
security problem.

The reason I mention this is because I also had come to the baffling
conclusion that Interchange was running, yet the catalog was not
showing. Good Luck,

Regards,

Frank Reitzenstein.

--