[ic] freebsd IC blank pages and premature end of script headers

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Mon Aug 21 01:08:30 EDT 2006

On 08/20/2006 07:29 PM, Bill Beecham wrote:
> Well I took your advice and installed 5.4.1 and it still does the exact
> same thing. I did decide to view the raw web output of the blank pages.
> The pages actually are a server 500 error, plus it says it had trouble
> displaying an error page for the error page. Whatever that means.

Basically it means that you have a directive in your web server
configuration file that points to a page or another CGI script to handle
500 errors and the web server was not able to find that page.  It's
something you should fix, but probably not directly related to the
problem at hand.

> So why would the admin section somewhat work, the checkout page work,
> but not the rest of the catalog? Also, my link file is only like 7,116
> bytes in size. Does that sound right? I thought they were bigger, like
> almost 80k. Dunno.

They can vary from around 6k to 12k or so depending largely on the
compiler used to build it.  Your link program could be the problem, but
it's doubtful if you can access the admin UI.

> This has me stumped. Would it be a path problem if part of the catalog
> works and part does not? I wouldn't think it was a permission problem,
> but I do still get the premature end of script headers and I cannot
> figure out why. My regular document root files work and show up fine, so
> does php. Php works with mysql as well.

I'm assuming that your webserver is apache, is that correct?  Which
version?  Can you post the <VirtualHost> section for the domain that
your IC catalog is running on?

> So, I have an error 500 and premature end of script headers for index,
> and every other file in the catalog but the admin section and the
> checkout.html. Not sure why my pages are blank, the server should be
> able to show a 500 file for the 500 error. It shows one for the 404. Not
> concerned about the error page.

I'm not too concerned about the error page either, but it's good to
establish that it is indeed a 500 error.

Peter