RE [ic] New Starter SOLVED (Well a workaround at least)

ic at 3edge.com ic at 3edge.com
Mon Aug 21 10:20:39 EDT 2006

Michael Curtis writes:
> Solution was to:
>
> Export locale.txt in Excel spreadsheet and make the additions
> Save locale.xls as tab delimited to local drive
> Import said file (it will fail but will save the file to 'upload'
> directory) via UI
> Rename .locale.db to .locale.db.old
> Copy across uploaded locale.??? To locale.txt
> Restart IC

* add column to locale.txt
* restart IC
* use UI to upload new locale file

Should do the trick aswell ...

> The import/export function via UI, does not work in the way I think it
> should.............or am I doing it wrong?

Depends on your expectations. If you expect that the admin will
automatically handle new columns in your upload then yes it is not working
according to your expectations. However it would be very scary if the admin
would decided to start adding table columns just with an upload .. Imagine
you were uploading the wrong file and in one go would destroy your database
model ...

Or do you mean something else?

CU,

Gert