[ic] freebsd IC blank pages and premature end of script headers

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Mon Aug 21 17:43:40 EDT 2006

On 08/21/2006 11:17 AM, Bill Beecham wrote:
> There is no virtual host. This is my own server completley dedicated the
> catalog that will hopefully get finished soon. Exactly what info do you
> want from the httpd.conf file? I can post that info for you. Otherwise
> it's a looooonng file.

I think you misunderstand me.  I want the info from the <VirtualHost>
... </VirtualHost> block in the httpd.conf file.  This is usually at the
end of the file or sometimes in seperate files in a vhost subdirectory.
  While it is possible to run a web server without this section I don't
recommend it, even if there's only one domain running on the site it's
still a good idea to have a <VirtualHost> block for it.

That said, read further down...

> And I notice that on top of the checkout page working when I
> manually type in the url to it the
> login.html,new_account.html,lost_password.html,help.html, and a few
> other pages work beautifully.

That helps.  All of the pages you list that work use the leftonly or the
noleft template.  The ones that don't work appear to be using the
leftright template.  Perhaps one of the components on the right side is
causing the problem, or the region file itself.

Copy a page that doesn't work (say, index.html) to a new name, try to
access it to verify that it still doesn't work, then remove all the
components for the right side from the file.  If it works copy it again
and remove the components one at a time until you've found the one that
is breaking it.  If it still doesnt' work, try changing the template to
leftonly and see if that fixes it.  Once you've determined that it will
go a long ways towards fixing it.

Note it could also be something specific in the main content of the
pages that is not working so you still have that approach if this one
fails to give any results.

> If it were a perl module it would probably be one that has to do with
> the databases, yet in order for those db's to be created to begin with
> the modules must be there and working, unless my logic is little fuzzy
> (pun intended).

It could be a corrupted install of a perl module.  One which is only
accessed by ceartain tags on ceartain pages.

Peter