[ic] FCKeditor file browser feature

Jure Kodzoman jure at plsavez.hr
Tue Aug 29 09:13:01 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 13:20 -0400, Randy Moore wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using the fck editor widget recently.  I see in the CVS notes
> mention integrating the file browser component as a TODO item.
>
> Has anyone done this already? I don't want to blow time on it if it is
> already available somewhere.
>
> Thanks.

Hy Randy. I have succesfuly integrated TinyMCE Editor
(http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/ ) which in my own experience looks and
works better than FCK Editor.

Integrating it is really simple. All i did was add the requested
javascript in <HEAD> (note the same was required by (deprecated)
HTMLArea).

Then either add class=mceEditor to "extended" field in mv_metadata.asc
for fields you want to show the editor (simple way), or edit the
HTMLArea widget to do the same.

I used the first solution and it works fine.

For custom use of TinyMCE, you should read it's documentation. It's
simple to configure, and much more powerful than HTMLArea.

Jure Kodzoman