[ic] Email as username with 5.4.0

Josh Lavin josh at myprivacy.ca
Thu Dec 28 17:21:13 EST 2006

Hello list,

Just wanted to make sure I do this right. I am making a new site
require everyone to login, using their email address as the username.

It seems I need to take these steps to get this to work with IC 5.4.0:

1. Set "UserDB  indirect_login  email" in catalog.cfg
2. Make sure the email column is a UNIQUE index
3. Upgrade UserDB.pm to latest CVS
4. Set "UserDB  default  username_email  1" and
    "UserDB  default  ignore_case  1" in catalog.cfg

Does that look right? I want to be sure before upgrading UserDB.pm,
because I have other catalogs on this installation which use the
standard username method.

Side note: according to:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-cvs/2006-July/
006875.html
it looks like users can't change their username (email). Is that
still the case?

Thanks!
--
Josh Lavin