[ic] PGP_KEY - Solved (well...)

Glenn McCalley techlist at bnetmd.net
Thu Jan 12 11:16:06 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gert van der Spoel" <ic at 3edge.com>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: [ic] PGP_KEY - what goes in here?

> Glenn McCalley writes:

might
> >> help you find the right .gnupg directory.
> >>
> >> CU,
> >>
> >> Gert
> >>

> > OK, thanks, tried that and get
> > gpg: can't open 96047272: No such file or directory
> >
> > It's looking for a file, not a record in a file.  ...and it works OK
from
> > the command line which makes me think it's an IC thing somewhere.
> >
> > ENV var GNUPGHOME is set to /home/interch/.gnupg  --  I had seen posts
about
> > that but thats a point.  I can't find anywhere in the admin interface to
get
> > it to dump what it thinks the env vars are.  Still looking.
> >
> > Anything else anyone can come up with would be great.  Thanks!
> > Glenn.
>
> Not sure if it is of any help. My main route is having:
>        credit_card       1
>        email             '__ORDERS_TO__'
>        encrypt           0                    (only encrypts CC info)
>        pgp_cc_key        "__PGP_KEY__"
>        pgp_key           "__PGP_KEY__"
>
> Without the encrypt_program. It will most likely find gpg by itself.
> Another thing you could try is to define PGP as just /usr/local/bin/gpg,
> without all the other options behind it and see if it does anything
> different.
>
> Perhaps the tags [dump]  and  [env]  give you additional information.
> Although they don't show the 'user' environment that runs IC (I think).
>
> CU,
>
> Gert

Gert, well it works.
You were correct, no user env with [dump] or [env]
However!
As you suggested I changed the PGP call to just the path/program, no
options, and bang! it worked.  I've consulted with a buddy who's a PGP guy
and he's mystified as well - but there must be something about how those
arguments get passed that gave PGP heartburn.
Thank you, thank you,
Glenn.