[ic] Conditional IE CSS and IC - HowTo

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Thu Jun 15 20:55:03 EDT 2006

If you want to use conditional Internet Explorer statements in Interchange.

In catalog.cfg:

	Pragma no_html_comment_embed 1

Then in your page you can do:

[strip reparse=0]
<!--[if IE]>
	for_ie {
    		position: relative;
    		top: -2px;
	}
<![endif]-->
[/strip]

[if IE] is not valid outside the html document structure, so you *have* to
include it in your <head> or some such. Why the Pragma and [strip reparse=0]
is necessary I am not too sure, but breaks without it.

Kevin seems to think it is because IC thinks is seeing the condition as
multi-line, and therefore doesn't see it as a tag surrounded by comments,
without space.

Why is the Pragma even necessary? I am not sure. However, if you want to use
conditional IE CSS statements, which seems an efficient way to do what it
does, then that's that.

HTH

 Paul Jordan

Gish Network